[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5815364/height/100/width/480/thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/578882/custom-color/#87A93A” height=”100″ width=”480″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
This episode originally aired on The Meaningful Way Podcast | Episode 19
Do you believe that you’re worthy of true happiness? Do you think juggling everything on your to-do list will make you feel more content and in control? Emma Seppala, health psychologist and leading expert on happiness, compassion, resilience, and mind-body practices for trauma and wellbeing, reveals the best-kept secret to discovering your bliss and how to hold onto it!
Seppala is the Science Director at Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education as well as the author behind The Happiness Track: How to Apply the Science of Happiness to Accelerate Your Success. Her expertise and sage advice has been shared nationwide via Psychology Today, Harvard Business Review, New York Times, ABC News, Forbes, the Huffington Post, Mind Body Green, and many more.
Listen in as Seppala takes you on a transformational journey toward finding your state of sheer joy. Yes…it actually exists!
- The big reveal! At just two minutes into the conversation, you won’t believe the culprit behind the “cause” and “effect” of your happiness crisis. [2:29]
- Double trouble! There’s two ways to sustain a euphoric state of happiness, but only one will give you the biggest payoff of your life. The startling choice is… [5:07]
- Instant gratification! Satisfy your sweet tooth and eat that slice of cake. You won’t believe why short-term “sugar shock” is the worst substitute for THE ONE THING you actually crave, but always ignore. Find out what it is… [7:41]
- Hello exhaustion! Its 6:00 p.m. after a long day at work and the couch is your best friend. Or is it? The real reason behind your need to recuperate might ruffle your feathers a bit at [13:18]. Hint: it’s got NOTHING to do with lack of exercise; it’s something else entirely.
- Happiness how-to! So you’ve burned a hole in your pocket with spas, therapy, or that occasional shopping spree. Meet the simple, cost-free secrets to endless happiness that will save your wallet, while adopting the ONE TECHNIQUE that will save YOU…even when THIS happens. [20:20] [23:03]
Tune in and turn the volume up for a dose of inspiration and life lessons. You’re never more than One Idea Away from a whole, new reality.